Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day Sixteen: Travel Day to Nice

IT'S A 'TRAVEL DAY' TODAY


I wake up early at 5am and start working before Ant and the monster wake up :)

Ant showers and I clean up a little ... play with Charlie and grab breakfast. I look out the window and 8 young, handsome, French Firemen are hanging out of the window across the road. OMG!!! I'm in my underwear!! I gasp and they laugh while I run away. Oh god what a perfect photo that would be for Deirdre but they are gone by the time I put jeans on and grab the camera.





Darn... fly out today earlier than we thought so maybe can't meet Sophie :( I was really looking forward to going out with a French couple!

We don't want to leave Paris - a week is just not enough!!

Time to shower and pack while Ant entertains Charlie ....

Boooooo!!


ARRIVING IN NICE

We get a cab to the hotel and are pleasantly surprised. It's close to the beach and right on one of the walking streets (mall). I get into my holiday mode immediately! Lets eat and go to the beach!!





We grab a bite at le Bistro, where we meet a couple of English ladies, Dori and her daughter Lucy, with their children Finlay almost two and Rory who is seven. (I think Bistro food should generally be avoided BTW hehe). We head down to the beach for a look-see.

Charlie has this thing at the moment with stones. She LOVES them. Everywhere we go she collects them. And if you think you can get any of them off her think again!!

So when we rock up to the beach at Nice she was in instant heaven. You should have seen her face!! "STONES!!!!!!" she screamed, raising her hands in the air. "YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!" and her pockets were full in seconds. The beaches are pebbles and round stones here.









We get back quite late and crash out. Did I mention the sun doesn't set here until around 9.30pm?

No comments:

Post a Comment