Monday, July 20, 2009

Day Seventeen: Work Schmirk, Up the hill and down on the beach.

I wake early and I'm rearing to go. I have to work today. I order Ant out to get brekky but he takes ages to wake up and get ready. So we all head out ... especially after the neighbour bangs on the wall to shut Charlie up (she's a grizzly bear this morning).

We head out to grab breakfast and find the entire population of Nice are still asleep! Shops closed! We evetually find a couple that are open for coffee to go. It's around 7am. Sunday. We eat on the beach. Charlie has an impromptu swim and then we return so I can do some more work. Ant takes Charlie out again to tire her out ready for her nap so I can keep working.

They swim I work.





We all head out in the afternoon to walk up the mini mountain to see an awesome waterfall and a great view of Nice.







We cheap actually... and take the elevator for 1 Euro each hehe.








Great view when we get out of the elevator! Charlie plays in the park. There's a huge playground up the top. All the kids here seem really bossy and there's lots of bullying going on so Charlie avoids some of the kids this time hehe. We eat icecream, Charlie's falls out so she eats mine next.










We take a wander up the hill further, outside the playground and get a breathtaking view of Nice harbour / Port. Wow!! Are we really here?? Looks like postcard stuff.











Archeological dig happening near the castle.










Charlie scares a little boy by being friendly.

We are at the top!


Walking back to the hotel via the old city area. A carousel (we can't walk past now can we!?).






We grab some food (wishing we'd stayed in the old part of town to eat!!) we have mussells with garlic, parsley and olive oil, plus something called Fritto Misto (?) little fried fish, prawns and calamari. We share a pizza, knock back a wine and beer and then off for another beach jaunt where we meet a French lady, Marguerite, who lives in Nice with her litte son Tony (he's six but looks 9).





It's so cool talking to a French lady and she speaks no English but understands most of what I say and vice versa. I learn heaps of new words from her. It's actually really easy to understand French when you are here. Charlie gets tired and actually says "Time to go Mummy" ... if he is actually asking to leave the beach then she is really trashed lol! Well it is 9pm....We head back to the hotel... Beco her up and nip out for a coffee before retiring for the evening to check out the photos and sleeeeeeep.




This is all so tiring. Full days and lots of walking. So much for the idea of me staying in the hotel and getting some work done. The internet is sporadically slow so sometimes even when I make time to work I can do nothing. At the moment I can't even load up my email. So I'm blogging :) Guilt free :)

The sun sets around 9.30pm here and we've been out late most nights. Every now and then we do catch up and get Charlie back into her routine so she doesn't get too tired. She's coping so well ... does not seem to care at all that we are away from home and is having a ball.

Nice is SO different to Paris. We are seeing some great sides to France. Such contrasts. It's relaxed here but very touristy in parts. We will be in Tours soon experiencing another side again.

No comments:

Post a Comment