
My Japanese IP does this to blogger.
Awesome day!! Started out kinda drab - I was soooooo hungry and not that impressed with Japan so far. We took the train to Ueno where there is a huge park and a lot of tourist attractions. We decided that we'd have a Charlie day and give her lots of attention to try to settle her down again.

First glimpse of food stalls.... across the street. We cross a little bridge and walk to a shrine.





Wasn't sure about the food we found at stalls as no one seemed to be buying it (never a good sign). So we wandered a bit until we found a food place finally by asking some Japanese teenagers. They pointed us to a Pizza place and OMG I had two really good Pizza's and two cokes - it was reassuring to eat normal tasting food. Don't ask me why but a good meal always fixes everything. Even grumpiness and sleep depravity! After that I was fine and felt ready to explore and try new things.
After lunch/brekky we blow a lot of Yen on rides for Charlie. She loves it.





This ride was hilarious... I won't post the photos of me on it though 'cos I look ike a hysterical dork lol. I laughed so much!!!

Charlie likes her iceream / shaved ice freeze ... moments later it's all over the ground hehe.

We go on a swan boat ride. There are heaps of romantic Japanese boys out with their girlfriends. Some look like first dates. We watch a guy stop rowing to answer his mobile and annoy the girl immensely hehe. Bad move mate :)


You can buy gold fish ... some look half dead tho... a bit sad.

Everyone stops to goo goo Charlie and take photos / video of her.
Wow! Looks what's around the corner! It's like Times Square shanty town.



All kinds of shops are in here and it's just like home but there are no walls or glass fronts and the shop owners are out in the street spruking. I grab some goodies for Charlie and Jess from a shop I won't name for fear of spoiling the surprise. You can get Chanel here apparently. Must go back and look for it for Mum.



All kinds of shops are in here and it's just like home but there are no walls or glass fronts and the shop owners are out in the street spruking. I grab some goodies for Charlie and Jess from a shop I won't name for fear of spoiling the surprise. You can get Chanel here apparently. Must go back and look for it for Mum.
We duck into this place for food. Divine meal. We learn how to say "That was delicious thank you!" In Japanese (iPhone Japanese heheh). It's a bit strange not knowing the customs. We get help from the people who serve us with slight suggestions via body language "the towels are for your hands ... use them now before the meal" ... pointing and nodding and confirming our order speaking rapidly and we don't understand a word lol. We're not sure how to get the bill and whether we pay at the table or at the counter but a few smiles and nods later it's all sorted. Funny how basic things become kinda scary when everything is so unfamiliar. Very yummy meal and everyone drinks beer here (SO CHEAP) so I'm a little tipsy too hehe. Charlie sleeps in her pram the whole time and we are SO THANKFUL especially after the meal the previous night!! (But we pay for that later...)

It looks so strange outside but is cosy and welcoming inside. When we leave it's dark and everyone is starting to pack up their shops.

The wee angel reads about Japan before bed. Minutes later she throws a massive wobbly and doesn't settle until midnight. She is so naughty I actually give her a smack (which has no effect ... like duh I should know better). We had such a great day and really just wanted to chill instead of dealing with her. We look at her finally asleep hours later and still feel like strangling her :) The joys of being parents. I bet she's going to be a little shit tomorrow.
She is usually so good... I wonder if she's getting sick? There must be a reason for all this. It's just since Japan really.
We've contacted our travel agent to see if we can come home early - funds are miniscule and we can't afford to go to Osaka and do all the day trips originally planned. Booo hoooo!!!! We SO want to see Japan outside of the cities. If only I'd worked a little harder whilst we were in Scotland. :( Looks like we are going to only just be able to stay here one week max ).
















No comments:
Post a Comment